Wednesday, June 4, 2008

four sides

People tend to depict hell as a fiery pit of pain and agony. I have a much easier time picturing it as a huge waiting room. I just spent a good two hours in a waiting rooms today trying to get my social security stuff fixed. Let me tell you, I almost forgot the pure torture of sitting there in a waiting room while thinking to myself: "man I want to just get this all settled and have it over with... but this is taking forever! Should I just leave and come back later?!" The place had some incoherent priority listing. People of all sizes, pixels, and polygons dropped in the seats on either side of me like I was in the middle of Tetris and then were called up to the counter before me. We all had a random number between 1 and 999 and a letter, but the order in which they were called didn't seem to follow any pattern. Talk about a tedious day, it reminds me why I don't like dealing with government. It also made me want to play Tetris... someone has to help those shapes get out of there!

No comments: