Tuesday, April 22, 2008

probably a medaphor for calculus

I'm always set to have some weird dream every 6 days or so I guess; I had another one last night. I started in some giant maze of a locker room and there was some thing that had woken up or gotten out in a distant part of the same complex (or maybe it crashed in... that part had a lot of smoke and fire). And for some reason the creature had a set of very explicit 'urban legend'esc rules: (1)if you know the name of the thing it'll hunt you down. (2)if it finds you it'll kill you 'When Animals Attack'-tiger-mauling style. (3)if you try to get away it'll track you down without fail and kill you harder. The entire dream consisted of flashing to it starting to get up and move around and me running around the complex like a moron, wondering if I should try to get away. On the one hand it was ludicrous just to sit there, but on the other hand it seemed to rank people who run away on a higher priority; and of course on a third hand (??!) within the rules I was pretty much set to die regardless of what I did. Unable to stick to a plan, I started looking for a loophole in the rules, wondering if one rule was fake which rule it would have to be. All in all I was screwed. Good thing I woke up. And the best part is that I can't remember what the creature's name was (in the dream it definitely had a name). Saved! Best.plan.ever.

No comments: